View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #13
Lien

Re: Found out too late?

Oh, I see I forgot to mention: I was her2 ++ as well. So borderline. The hospital where I had my rads retested, but I never found out whether they did a Fish test or not, so I guess it's borderline. After all this time, I really can't be bothered to ask. I survived and I can't change what was done 5 years ago. So I decided that all the anxiety was keeping me from living my life to the fullest.

Statistics about treatments have very little impact on the individual patients situation. Even if our odds are very good, we could be in the tiny group that has bad luck.

You've done all you can to keep your cancer from recurring and it has worked well.

My take on this is: If it ever comes back, I will know more about treatment than I did the first time and I'll be better equipped to deal with it. I will know what to do, whom to aks, where to go for second opinions and I'll make sure I get the very best care available to me. For now: I'm alive and trying to have as much fun I possibly can.

Hope this helps a little.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote