View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
caya

Re: Chemo, fever question & incision - I'm tired

Wow Vicky, you certainly are a warrior!!
I can totally relate to coming off one thing and right into the BC journey. In Jan. 2006 my husband had a brain aneurysm - luckily he had a coiling procedure (they go through the groin to stuff the aneurysm with platinum coils) and after 6 days in the neurology ICU, and 4 months of rehab, he was about 90% okay and was able to go back to work.
While he was recuperating, I had to take over all his reponsibilities in our company, which included alot of travel across Canada to see our customers, do my own work, etc. All the while worrying about my DH to see how he would recover. Then through the summer of 2006 I had to travel with him again, as he just was not physically strong enough. By the fall of 2006 he was much better, and then I had a breast reduction in Oct. 2006 ( July 2006 - clean mammogram and u/s). My plastic surgeon found the BC tumour, and the roller coaster ride began again for me and my family. I got shingles 5 days after the diagnosis - I was just emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually drained - I mean, my husband had survived a brain aneurysm - hadn't we been through enough?
We made it through with the wonderful support of our families (my mother came up from Florida both winters to first look after my husband while I travelled, and the next winter for me while I had the mast. and chemo) and our great friends and neighbours.
You will get through it, you'll see. Just be kind to yourself, you have been through alot.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote