View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
caya

Re: Chemo, fever question & incision - I'm tired

Vicky,

I never had the metallic taste either, but I was exhausted and very weak during chemo. I started to feel stronger that last week before the next infusion, but I felt "crappy". I am lucky that I work out of my house, so I was able to work, but truthfully, if I had to go outside my home, I don't know if I could have done it during chemo. Everyone is different, but your health is the most important thing right now, especially during chemo.

I think that Bonnie is right, you may feel better now that the incision is taken care of, and the antibiotic may be making you feel crappy too. Do your best, try to rest as much as you can. Don't be a hero, if friends say "Is there anything I can do for you?" - Tell them to drop by with a casserole, do some grocery shopping, take your kids to a movie etc.

I hope that you will be able to do the exercises for your arm range of motion - I did them religiously - doing them a few times /day in shorter spurts is better than just once or twice for a long time. When I went for my 6 week check up the physical therapist commented on how well I was doing.

I also never completely lost my hair. when it grew back it came in less gray, straight ( I had curly frizzy hair before BC) and silky smooth.

You'll get through this Vicky, you'll see. You can tell your tale of woe anytime here, we've all been through it.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote