View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
Lien

Re: My Medical ins - Premium nearly doubled !!!

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this s**t on top of your medical problems. It shouldn't be necessary in the richest country in the world to not be able to afford medical treatment. I can't believe it hasn't been sorted long ago.

Despite all the negative publicity about "socialized medicine" I am very happy with our system. I pay about 370 dollars a month for our whole family. That includes dental care and all kids under 18 are free. We get to choose our own doctors, all hospital bills and all registered meds are paid for and all complementary medicine up to 1000 euro's is included as well. Our co-pay is 223 euro's a year for my husband and I, none for the kids.

We get very good care, I think, and I'm very happy with the system. I will never have to fear not being able to pay for our medical care. Unless ofcourse some meds one of us desperately needs aren't registered yet in our country. Usually meds are registered a bit earlier in the US than in the Netherlands. But so far it's only been a couple of months later.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote