View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
jmihay

Brain tumor after 8 years on Herceptin

After 8 years on Herceptin, the last 2 annual PETS being NED, my first brain scan detected a brain tumor which I had eradicated with Gamma Knife. I would like to have contact with anyone who has had a similar experience.
The Gamma Knife doctor has now prescribed Brain MRIs every 3 months with a setting of 3 mm slices. My first MRI setting was set at 5 mm slices which I understand is standard, and the setting at the Gamma Knife facility in Fresno, CA was 1mm slices. He also prescribed double the usual dose of dye for contrast.

I had been told when starting Herceptin that it would not protect against brain tumors nor heart failure. I take heart tests every six months and so far, so good, but did not have an MRI to test for brain tumor for 8 years.

I would like to know what others have experienced re tumors and how often they were tested after taking Herceptin, but before finding a tumor.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has had Gamma Knife treatment and any side effects if any, particularly pains in head.
jmihay is offline   Reply With Quote