View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #20
Chelee

Re: Recommendation from my 2nd opinion...

Thanks to all for the support I sure appreciate it. However today I'm getting discouraged again. Now I hear the TDM1 trial is NOT at my cancer center because they didn't want to many sites for just the TDM1. They are trying recruit woman for the "Cleopartra" study. The coordinator said if I could just wait a little longer they will have that going soon. (I'm afraid to wait any longer then I already have.) My recurrence has spread every where...I need to be on something soon. I don't know how long this wait is? Plus its a double blind study.

Dr. Slamon was very clear that with my family history and my compromised lungs he wanted me on the TDM1 trial. So that is what I'd hope to get into. And I'm still in a HMO so I don't know if I drive to Santa Monica if everything will be covered? But will gladly do it if it can be arranged. I'll call the HMO and see? I am getting really stressed out...every time I think I have a game plan...something else pops up as I've seen happen to far too many other woman on this board. It's always something. I want my 2nd dose of herceptin Monday if I can't get something lined up right now...especially since with just the loading dose my TM'ers dropped for the 1st time in a year. I want to know I have some protection. I don't know what to do and it's Friday. Friday's are the worse day to get people to call you back. Now I don't know what to do about Monday's Herceptin? Do it or not? I have a headache!

Chelee

I nee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote