View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #39
Chelee

Re: Chelee's third opinion - Dr. Slamon!

I think I finally have everything in order for tomorrows appt with Dr. Slamon. Knowing I only have this one appt with him I wanted to make sure I had all my questions in order. I sure hope I haven't forgotten anything?

Caya you are correct about my onc being very nervous about my appt. with Dr. Slamon. Especially when she told me every which way from Sunday I could NOT get in to see him no matter what! Ha! The look on her face really was priceless. I will mention the Her2 board some where in my conversation tomorrow. I'll let it be known that without it I'd be lost since my onc WON'T tell me any thing! (Thats a fact.) I am just so relieved that of all the onc out there I get to see him. I am so tired of not having answers to my questions. My onc talks and says nothing & its just plain mean & cruel.

Actually I hope I don't have too many questions for Dr. Slamon...but I'm feeling overwhelmed and hopefully by the time I leave there I will be feeling much better. (I know I will.)

Gerri, I will try really hard not to keep you in suspense. The minute I can I will let you know what his recommendations are for me since my onc has NONE. I better get to bed...thank to all of you for your replies/support.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote