Thread: It's happening
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #40
alicem

Re: It's happening

Sue,

I agree with Vicky, what beautiful words you wrote about your mother, I know she is proud of you. Any of us would be proud to have someone like you for a daughter.

I still remember the day my mother passed away. I sat in my car in the hospital parking lot watching people go about their lives as usual. I wanted to scream and shout at everyone saying "My Mother just DIED!! You need to stop and mourn along with me!!". . . it was not an ordinary day for me.

That was 10 years ago. On the anniversary of her death, I made her famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and felt her presence in the kitchen like never before. As I bit into one that was fresh out of the oven, I started bawling my eyes out as memories came flooding in. The pain never really goes away, but it does get easier. Thank God for our memories. May you experience the peace that only He can give.

I send my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Love,
Alice
10/15/08 - Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy: Cyst on uterus, not ovary - all was benign. Breast - 5 of 6 bad margins. 2 Sentinel Lymph nodes removed, both negative. Stage 0, Tis, N0
12/11/08 - Mastectomy & DIEP reconstruction: Surprise! 2 cm Invasive DC, grade 2 found. One benign internal mammary lymph node. Stage 1, T1c, N0, all clean margins. ER+ (Proportion Score = 2/5, Intensity Score = 2/3) and PR+(Proportion Score = 3/5, Intensity Score = 2/3)
HER2 score = 3+
1/09/09 - Oncotype DX: Recurrence S/core of 60 !?!?! ER status is NEG!! PR staus is NEG! HER2 score = 12.2 (still positive, greater than 11.5 is positive).
1/20/09 - Started chemo: TCH
5/26/09 - FINISHED CHEMO!
1/05/10 - FINISHED HERCEPTIN!
1/22/10 - Port-a-catheter removed!
3/07/18 - Still NED
9/10/23 - Still NED
alicem is offline   Reply With Quote