Thread: cataracts
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
Sandra in GA

Re: cataracts

Actually the oncologist was the one who said that surgery is not recommended while I am taking the Tykerb. It is also a targeted antibody like Herceptin but there are more side effects. I have chronic diarrhea and also have a problem with my fingers and toes getting inflamed where the skin meets the nail. They will bleed if I bump them and I have had to see a poditirst for my toes and have had to take antibiotics. So, it makes sense to me that the healing process might be impeded like my onc suggested. Tykerb is also very new and they don't know about all the side effects. I am sure your mom's doctor will advise her about Navelbine and surgery. It may be that it will be no problem.
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote