View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
Unregistered

Re: Period returned - good or bad?

hello, I have never registered, but have written a few times- Im Maureen. I had a double masectomy in dec after being diagnosed nov. with stage 1 grade 3 2.4cm DCIS and 1+cm invasive. node neg, er+95% pr- and her2++++ so... I started taxotere,carboplatnum and herceptin in jan. I only finished 5 of the 6 treatments- my cycle did not want to shut down ! I had 3 cycles before it stopped, the last one coming @ 21 days instead of 28. It returned very quickly aftre as well I've had 4 cycles and just had a complete hyterectomy(and some of my reconstruction too-finally got my implants out) had nips and areolas put on as well and got some tummy tuck too so some fat could be injected into my breasts(some lipo) and my belly skin where I was cut for the hysterectomy for the areolas! very glad I have so much finished- but I hurt a bit... this too shall pass. I am glad I had the hysterectomy,, I would'nt want to accidentally get pregnant(even though I was trying for baby#3 when i had my mammogram). after chemo amd now being 45 and so wiped out from the treatments etc. that would be too scary! but my uterus was large and floppy??? whatever that means, and I had a tumer in one of my ovaries(benign thank god- but could that have changed?) it was also putting out estrogen though- like I need more! so I am still getting herceptin thru jan- can't wait yo get my port out! and I guess I'm suppose to start arimadex this month(next week?) I pray theres no side effects for that drug! I was'nt keen on taking tamoxifen! I also agree that if you are er- pr- theres no problem for you hormonally with a cycle. So far its been 2weeks and I hav'nt noticed menopause yet. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!