View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Sherryg683

blood test that detects cancer?

When I saw my oncologist today, I was talking to him about scans and all. And he brought up the subject of me taking this blood test that detects cancer that is too small to be seen by scans. He said it was fairly new and that they had been using it on patients he felt would be interested in it. He said all it takes was a blood test. He then said he was sure my number would come out 0 and I wouldn't have to worry about it. He wasn't talking about the tumor marker blood tests that some on the board take. He gave me the name of the test and of course I didn't write it down and forgot. I am not sure I want to go down this road right now because I just don't want to ask for trouble, I just had my scans done a couple of months ago. But may want to have this done before my scans. Do any of you know what he may be talking about? I will call his office on Monday to get the name so I can research it but of course I wish I would have written it down now...sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote