View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Chelee

Re: Taxol/Herceptin side effects?

The Taxol is no doubt the cause of your aches & pains as Jean already said. I know I hurt all over...some days were worse then others. I also had rib pain on both sides...that was a constant complaint I had for my oncologist. So I assume it too was from the Taxotere. (Both Taxol & Taxotere are members of the same family of drugs known as Taxanes)

As to the swelling Jean is right...it can be caused from the steriods. But I know it can also be caused from the chemo. I started having serious edema in my lower legs, ankles and feet. (Hands too.) It didn't start happening until about my 4th infusion. The swelling in my lower legs were so bad they ran dopplers on them...all was fine. My pulmonary doc put me on Lasix which was a relief. Everyones body reacts differently so it's always hard to nail it on one thing. But I bet its from your Taxol. But always mention these things to your oncologist just to make sure all is ok. But those are pretty common problems when on steriods & Taxol. Hang in there.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote