View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #41
vlcarr

Re: HER2 positive and 10 years out?

Thanks so much for the information. Yes, I have a port because I've been on a clinical trial for 3 months getting weekly herceptin and taking 1000 mg of Tykerb daily to try and shrink my 8cm tumor. I finished the trial last week so that is why my surgery was pushed back--you have to do the trial drugs first. However, they worked well for me. The tumor doesn't show up on ultrasound and the doctor can't feel it.

My concern is that 3 weeks after having a right mastectomy and all lymph nodes removed I start chemo. Guess I'm afraid that will make it harder. I had neck surgery in April of this year and 3 weeks out from that I still didn't feel too great.

I will be relieved in a way when they do the surgery because they just don't know whats really in there yet. I had 2 tumors, one 2.5 and the other 1 cm. However, since they tested exactly the same the drs think everything in between the 2 tumors is also cancer so that is how they came up with 8cm.

Did you have an appetite or just mainly wanted fluids?

I guess I just need to slow down and get through my surgery on Thursday and then worry about the chemo but I was so excited when I saw that you had exactly the combo I will be getting.

Thank you so much for replying and the helpful information!
vlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote