View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #25
vlcarr

Thumbs up Re: HER2 positive and 10 years out?

I was so happy and relieved to see all these posts. I, too had begun to wonder where the survivors where. I haven't posted a lot on this site but do read the posts & search for information frequently.

I was diagnosed in May, just ended my 3 month clinical trial of weekly Herceptin and 1000 mg of Tykerb each day. I started with a high grade 8cm tumor that can no longer been seen on ultrasound or felt by my oncologist, Her2+, not hormone receptive, Stage II, speck found during sentinel node biopsy. I am so happy with the clinical trial results and I'm trying to celebrate each victory.

Next Thursday, 09/24, I will have a right mastectomy and all lymph nodes removed. Needless to say I'm scared to death and it was such a relief to read all the posts each of you did on staying positive and helping me to feel we have hope.

After surgery, I will have 4 months of TCH followed by radiation and of course continued Herceptin for a year.

I'm anxious about what they will actually find when they do the surgery, but want to know what's in there....

I'm still confused about many thing such as margins and I'm trying to read up on all that.

I got my hair cut really short this week and already have my wig although I don't anticipate wearing it very often but who knows.

Thank you to each and every one of you for taking the time to provide encouragement to those of us who are new to this world of breast cancer.

Love to you all,

Vicky
vlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote