View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
Nancy L

Re: Progression rates from stage IIIC to stage IV?

I too am a data person and want to know the stats. My last understanding was that Stage IIIC recurrence rate is around 50% for those who receive Herceptin. However, the reality is that there are very few Stage IIIC diagnosis each year and it is a fairly new classification.

The next time I see Dr. Slamon, I will ask him for a current stat. If anyone knows, he will. My goal is to stay one step ahead of the next Her2 discovery. When Dr. Slamon told me there is a lot of hopeful research going on, that gave me hope. I think it is really important all Stage IIIC patients get connected to a top breast cancer oncologist who will know what to do if you have a recurrence.

My story is listed below.

9/2004 Age 57 at diagnosis/Post menopausal/Stage IIIC focal high-grade ductal carcinoma in situ of the left breast with invasive component (7x5x3cm tumor with 11 of 11 tested lymph nodes positive for metastatic carcinoma with extranodal spread).

Estrogen/Progestrerone Receptor negative
Her2neu positive by FISH (HER217Z1 ratio of 4.03)
CT post surgery identified a single prominent left axillary/subpectoral lymph node measuring 11 mm/ Ki-67 staining was 70%

10/04-4/05 Dose Dense---4 AC; 4 Taxotere/Herceptin; 35 rounds of radiation.

5/05-current Herceptin every 3 wks;

3/2009 Recurrence to right neck nodes. Currently on Herceptin and Tykerb
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote