Thread: six weeks ...
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
hezzy

six weeks ...

In the morning they were doing WBR, than later hitting three areas with the radiation. Now the six weeks of waiting begins ... its tearing me up already.

I did find a new ONC/DR that I'm meeting with on Tuesday. Also, I had met with the brain surgeon who told me that he wanted to talk to me more after I finished radiation. Im calling him tommorow for an appt.

During the time of getting rads I had pain in the knees and ankles and ended up in the hospital. They ran MRI and found the cancer had hit a vertebra. So they started radiation on that area too.
I prolly had confused people seeing during this time I was changing ONC/DR. The one I was seeing wants to see me at the end of this week to start chemo for the vertebra.
I talked to the ONC/RADS and let them know that I wouldn't be seeing the other ONC anymore and any of my information would need to be send to the other ONC and they completely understand and have been so nice. They've heard me going nuts for weeks worried and knew the ONC wouldnt even talk to me.

There still giving rads to the vertebra till friday and they have me on dexamethasone, morphine, lorazepam, and started on amox/clauv due to ears infection .... I can't wait to get off these meds ....
They told me it will be awhile before I can stop taking the steriods and that I will have to work off of them slowly. I feel like my face and neck are just swollen on them and tight.

Sorry for venting Im just lost there's so much going on this week and seeing the new ONC, she wants to discuss chemo for the vertebra ... it just ugh!!! Im going nuts waiting already and I just wonder are they worried more about the vertbra than the brain .... IDK were to ask or what to ask about any of it on Tuesday now Im lost again .....
- 6 mths taxol
-6 mths abrexene
- Nov 07 started herceptin still on
- was on tamoxifin wasn't working, gettin something new soon

Aug 09
- brain mets
- 3 tumors
- highest being 4cm large
- others under 2cm
- WBR rads in morning, than afternoon hitting each one direct
- rads to vertebrate

- Sept 09