Thread: Hair
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
DonnaD

Re: Hair

I finished treatment in March like you and I went without my wig for the first time in July (I had Taxol only with one yr of Herceptin not T/C). I always had straight thin hair and that is exactly how it came back. I was counting on curls. It was very fine and spikey to begin with. It did come in very gray but that did not last long. I did have a rinse put on and once that was out my original color was back.

As far as the eyebrows and eyelashes go they never did return like before. My eyebrows go to the arch and then nothing. This does not bother me. I have given up trying to use an eyebrow pencil, because they never matched. Lashes are half the lenght they were before and thin. I can wear mascara though.

I said once my hair was back I would never complain about hair again. That lasted about 3 months. That being said you will get back to normal honest, it just takes a bit more time. You are almost there and we are cheering you on!!!
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!

Last edited by DonnaD; 08-18-2009 at 08:28 PM..
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote