View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
Carolyns

Re: TDM1 Trial Participants: I Need Advise

Hi All -

Irene, My trial is TDM4688G. I have been told over and over that this trial is not yet open anywhere in Florida. If you find out otherwise please do tell! I have heard that other places are close but close doesn't cut it for me anymore as I have been off treatment for almost a month and have things growing on me. Thank you for your well wishes.... I follow your story and wish you all of the best too!!!

Norwegian, Thank you for your well wishes and please keep those fingers and toes crossed!

Sandra, Thank you. I feel blessed to have some spunk left in me. It is required to push the system and advocate for yourself.

Barbara, Wow, if you could do what you did then I think I will be just fine. I am so excited to learn that you have been on this combo for almost 2 years. Thank you for sharing and adding your support. I wish you the very best going forward!

Hi Lori, I sorry that you are not feeling well. I can tell that you know just how difficult these decisions to travel can be and the many ways it impacts us to have the need to do so. We have so many others involved in fighting this disease including our dear children. There are financial decisions and on and on. Ideally, the trial would be open somewhere in Florida or in a near-by state. I have been told for a few months that it should be open in Florida... The video I did on trying to get into this trial was shot in early July and (to my knowledge) there still aren't any sites open in Florida. With regard to the transfer back home, as I understand it so far, I must go to Detroit about 9 times. Please keep in mind that almost everything I have been told to date has turned out different than what I was originally told. So, I have to wait and see. I am going to Detroit and then... First and foremost I have to get confirmation that I am in the study. I hope that your current treatment is working and that if you find an opportunity to go into this trial that there is a way for you to do so. You have my hopes and prayers.

Thanks to everyone for the support!

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote