View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
hezzy

brain mets - loss continues

Today I couldn't get over the responce my ONC gave about my brain radiation and the tumors.
He told me I wasn't staying positive and that I don't need to think of the negitive.
He said he wouldn't discuss drugs because there are no drugs that can cross the brain barrier, he said I shouldn't even think of surgery till I know whether or not the radiation is working, but that would be six more weeks after radiation (ends 28th this month) is done before they know ... than he will talk other options.

I wanted to scream I couldn't believe he wouldn't even speak of anything with me, and said that I have no other options other than radiation because of the brain barrier. I had written down drugs (that are said to pass) and told him and he wouldn't even look at them he told me I shouldn't bother. I need to stay positive.

I don't know how to re-act to an ONC telling me such things ... has anyone ever dealt with this? I'm getting another opinion and I hope it makes a huge difference. I'm so scared I'm going to find another ONC who thinks the same thing .... im lost and scared
heather
- 6 mths taxol
-6 mths abrexene
- Nov 07 started herceptin still on
- was on tamoxifin wasn't working, gettin something new soon

Aug 09
- brain mets
- 3 tumors
- highest being 4cm large
- others under 2cm
- WBR rads in morning, than afternoon hitting each one direct
- rads to vertebrate