View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Barbara H.

Re: On herceptin/dmi trial

Hi Irene,
I was very upset to learn that Genetec took you off the trial. I have told your success story to my oncologist and others at the Dana Farber. As tough as it seems at the moment Gina's advice may be worth taking. Stay on the Herceptin and add another treatment if needed. It may actually be helpful for your body to have a rest, and at the moment you are NED. Eventually, TDM1 will be approved and it will be an option for you because you have not failed it.

You asked me about my markers. I am currently in NH and don't have the sheet with me. My CEA was a little over 5 and the other one 27/29(?) was 50 or 6O. My corrent oncologist considers scans more important and 3 1/2 months ago they were fine. However, I know it's not a good sign when my markers start rising so I am also expecting to have to go off the trial. If that happens, I will have used up this treatment and it will no longer be an option.

Best of luck to you Irene. You might enjoy your break and maybe you will continue to be NED for hopefully a long time.
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote