View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 AM   #14
IRENE FROM TAMPA

Re: On herceptin/dmi trial

I want to thank everyone for their helpful comments on this issue.

My research co-ordinator called me late last night and confirmed that they had seen and increase in my bili count before I had the hip surgery but I guess was not an issue at the time. Of course, with the hip surgery came alot of other pain killers and transfussions.

I removed myself from taking any drugs at all such as Tylenol, etc about three weeks ago when my count was not coming down but the counts seem to stay between 3 and 2.4. They seem to come down a bit and then go up a bit. I never really abused my intake of Tylenol but with an already abused liver by so many years of chemo's who knows.

My onc office has been great about fighting my cause but Genetec sent them an email last nite and said "NO" to resuming on the study. I was just hoping they would give me a little more time to see if anything miraculous would happen.

I will continue trying anything that I can to get those counts down, but I feel that once you are out you are done with that drug. I am really upset.

Meantime, I am showing no signs of any activity at the time so until I do again, I will not be given any treatments of any sort. I have to discuss with my onc soonest I can get in to see him, and see what he thinks.
Although I failed with Herceptin by itself, maybe I can take that as a maintenance. I am not sure how that will work if we do.

I will keep everyone posted as to what happens.

Thanks again and everyone take good care.

Love you guys
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote