View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
vickie h

Re: On herceptin/dmi trial

Hi Irene,

I am sorry to hear about the biliribin but have my suspicions that your surgery included some pretty powerful drugs that can take months to flush out of the liver. Since your counts were ok before the surgery, I would suspect that there is an overload of drugs connected with the surgery. Any reason why you can't take any liver cleansers? I wake up each day and drink 20 ounces or more of warm water with 1/2 lemon squeezed into it. this flushes out the liver everyday before you eat, etc. It is harmless, otherwise. I also take probiotics several times a day which my Onc says propagates friendly bacteria in our intestines, thus releiving the liver, or helping it, when getting rid of toxins.
I don't know if this is much help, but try drinking that lemon water (it must be warm) and see if that makes a difference. As you can see, I have been on every chemo in almost 6 years and yet my liver has continued to stay healthy (knock on wood).
I pray that you can stay on this wonderful trial. i am in LA for the next few days on a new clinical trial for pazopanib as there is no TDM! trial near me. My next option is ? Oh how I wish I was on your trial, I have such great And drinking carrot juice is also detoxifying.things about it.
Wishing you the very best. Also, cutting back on meat really gives the liver a much needed rest.Please let me know what happens, I care about you very much.
Love and Hugs,
Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote