View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #175
vickie h

Re: Things you didn't know about me!

Marlys,
I was also raised a Seventh Day Adventist. My grandfather was jewish, my grandmother a gentile and so they settled on raising my mother in the Adventist church because they practiced a lot of the same dietary laws and we attended sabbath on Saturday. From sundown on Friday until sundown on Saturday, there was no work allowed. We played, went to church, had potlucks (no cooking allowed either). As we grew up my mother went back to my father's jewish religion and so we attended services at the Temple then. Still later, after we were grown, she became a Jews For Jesus.
Very interesting background, wouldn't you say? I still eat no pork products, shell fish, etc to this day. I've visited and attended several different churches since then, even went to a Baptist revival in a tent in Idaho once and then to a Budhist retreat. God is everywhere.
P.S. My first real job was also as a cocktail waitress in Northern California. Since we didn't drink, I couldn't tell the difference between a bloody Mary and a gin and tonic....those poor customers....I was delivering all the wrong drinks to different tables and still didn't get fired!

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.

Last edited by vickie h; 08-04-2009 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: added more info
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote