View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #37
pattyz

Re: ~Mighty Oak Update~7-29-09! Uggh!

Marie,

Glad to hear about the Temodar. That's what I 'picked' to stay with, since it is the only brain specific chemo. My onc went and chose Avastin for me for now... to see how that works. In a month and two we'll do more MRi and TM test. It was at my all time high of 357 or some such. First out of the norm these past near 7 yrs of brain mets only.

I was just thinking again today about needing my OLD cane. Went in a garage sale I think...

I'm also on 12mg decadron, 4mg 3x'x per day, since Wed. and hit and miss since last Fri. Plan to change to Irinotecan/Temodar (new dose or schedule) should the Avistin not do the number...or maybe even add it to tx.

Still not doing well. My brain stem pons tumor is 11mm - another in cerrebellum @ 12mmx16mm. Others of 1cm in size. Nothing over 6 in number tho'. Yet, these are causing the vomiting, headaches, confusion, bumbles, shakieness all over, inside and out...

Wish Lyle could sit with you and visit... so glad to hear that laughter coming down the pipe, too )

Sending the love and bits of hope,
XOXOXOXpatty
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote