Thread: Be brave!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #13
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile So glad you happened by... Hi! Welcome!

I hope you know that I think of all of you daily. I pray for you. You're my Sisters, and you live in my heart.

Gemma, I have been trying to keep current with your good news and bad. I am cheering you on. Can you feel it?

Ellie, you do seem to pop up in my life at special moments as well. I am just off to California to visit my daughter, SIL and 2 grandsons. I miss them all so, and it will be the littlest one's 3rd Bday! So I will have to catch up in another wk or so.

But, Ellie -- Taxotere! A part of me wants to say it was a greatest enemy, yet the wiser part of me reminds me that it helped to save my life. When I was under its rampaging through my body, I just kept telling myself -- JUST THINK WHAT IT'S DOING TO YOUR CANCER CELLS. (That was my Spirit talking me, or the mindbody me.)

Can you tell us specifically what problems The Freight Train created, maybe we can offer some tricks we learned!

I think Life's goal is to have all those parts of ourselves MERGE. That's what I've learned. And when it occurs (through meditation, contemplation, silence) we feel transported to a sacred place. Connected to the Universe. A part of the Oneness. Sorry for getting all spiritual, but tis my nature.

Anyway, if Taxotere, or whatever, hits you hard and you are down for the count, so to say, it is the perfect time to do some meditating and getting in touch with your True Self. Personally, I spent many a day, week, month unable to do anything but that. It is a superb time to go deep inside yourself and get yourSelf together. Body, mind and Soul.

Blessings to each of you... And love too, of course, as always...

Freyja -- I am going to check out the link you posted. Get back to you on that. Crazy busy packing -- the worst job ever known. I hate this chore. Mind boggling...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote