Thread: Crystal Ball?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
Mary Jo

Hello "unregistered..." So happy that you posted your fears here. You need to get those out and posting them here was a great idea.

I can't offer much more than what Lee so accurately said but there are many of us doing well who have had a her2 diagnosis and a positive node (I would be one of those). Many just move on from here. Some of us hang around to offer encouragement BUT also to gain strength and encouragement from those constantly fighting the battle. They are my hero's. They are an awesome bunch who have taught me much.

You're right, there are no crystal balls and thank God for that. I don't really want to know what my tomorrow's will be. For now, just living one day at a time is sufficient. Enjoying each day the Lord gives me breath.

The way I look at it..........we will all "pass" on. Each one of us, regardless of how much we may want to stick around a bit longer. The day is not of our choosing.....so, I just live my life and try to enjoy each day 'cause God only knows what tomorrow will bring.

I am a 4 year NED survivor and trust me when I tell you, it took me a while to get to this line of thinking. The first few years I was scared to death.....recurrence lived on my brain....but in time I learned to appreciate each day and not borrow trouble.

God Bless you "sister" and thanks for sharing your heart. We love to "listen" and encourage here.

Hugs ....

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06