Thread: Crystal Ball?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Unregistered

Crystal Ball?

I do know there is really no crystal ball, but...

I am 2 years out from dx. 38 years old. Stage 2A...1.8 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node, HER2+++. ER+ PR-. Finished chemo and had bialteral masetcomy over a year ago. Finished herceptin over 6 months ago. Currently taking tamoxofin. Working, spending time with friends and family, loving life. I feel down right "normal". So why am I making my first post on a message board after 2 years? For some reason, the doubt has started to creep in. I NEVER asked for stats, never asked what was going to happen, I just listened to my onc, researched treatment options, and made informed, aggressive decisions to get rid of this. When I was done, I was done and got right back on the horse and focused on living my life.

But a month or so ago, I started looking at this board and others and I'm getting scared...maybe more scared now that I was a year ago.

But my question is "what's going to happen now?"

Is making it 5 years my goal? I want to live to be 80. Is it OK to think I can have a positive lymph node and HER2+++ and not recur? The posts I've read make me think I'm fooling myself.

Maybe I'm just having a pity party right now. Sorry ladies. I don't want to be a downer, and maybe someone should just say "ask your onc and don't get everyone worked up"...but if someone can dust of their crystal ball (or some journal or abstract you have tucked away somewhere ) and tell me what's going to happen, that'd be so sweet....!!!

Much love.....