View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Unregistered

Joy update

Hi Ruth, thank you for keeping my sister in mind. She got out of the hospital on Monday, her blood counts are holding at 10.5 on the HGB after 6 transfusions. She now has Nexium and Neurotin (sp?) added to her list of drugs. We met with the NP on Wed. before Herceptin, she has swelled up like a balloon, she added 22 lbs of water weight. The NP felt it was from all the fluids, she has gone down a bit, still swelling in feet and abdomen. And she has been very uncomfortable. They did add Lasix too. The NP is holding off on Ixempra for another week to let her regain her strength. Then she will see the onc. to see if she can continue. She's very depressed as she has run through a lot of drugs over the eight years and the NP didn't know of any other options given her treatment history. We are looking into other treatment centers like SLoan, Dana, Fox Chase, etc but travel would be tough on her. Any suggestions of drugs she could do, or places they have gone and would recommend would be greatly appreciated. I will include a brief history below. Thank you everyone. I read all your posts everyday and you are all in my thoughts! Thanks from a very worried, little sister! Jen

TX History
Taxtotere/Xeloda-18 months-Great response
Added Herceptin after about 6 months once HER2 status was tested
Herceptin and three AI's all in succession, had almost 2 years out of this
Herceptin/Carbo/Taxol-about 6 months-liver progression
Herceptin/Navelbine-about 6 months-liver progression
Tykerb/Xeloda-close to year-liver progression
DM1 Trial-About 5 months, it failed her, liver progression
Herceptin/Gemzar-3 months-she did have response to this combo, just not fast enough for onc
Herceptin/Epirubicion-6 months taken off due to great response!
Tykerb/Herceptin-big time progression-ascites also
Herceptin/Ixempra-great response, but three hospitalizations, low blood counts, bleeding ulcers and horrible neuropathy

She has had her ovaries out too. And she is also been on Zometa.

She has tumors in her bone, lung and liver. The bone and lung ones have never changed in 8 years. The liver has always had quite a tumor load.

Thank you all for taking time to read this. Jen