View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
Colleen007

I have a couple of friends who own rental properties (not in RI), but I am told that they can only increase the rent by a small percentage with each lease renewal. So, when you are combing through the tenant rights links posted above, see if you can figure out what the percentage is and tell her that if she wants to be all business, then you can play that game and only pay her a legally allowable increase.

Also, as a landlord she is required to hold anything like 1st month, last month and security deposit in as escrow account (of which I believe you would get 16 years worth of interest on that money when you vacate the apartment). Tell her you want to see the escrow account statements...do this AFTER you follow Flori's suggestions above for putting her off as long as possible...cuz it is bound to get ugly after that!

Good luck to you and Ed.

Colleen
ER-, PR-, HER2+
Taxol/Herceptin/Zometa started Dec-2005. 11 cycles of Taxol.
Sept-2006: PET/CT scan of mets to liver, spine and femurs - Stable. Activity in R breast & mediastinum (not seen in prior scans).
Navelbine (3 wks on/1 wk off) as of Oct--2006 & continued Herceptin (every 3 wks) & Zometa (every 6 wks)
Jan-2007: PET/CT Scan - Stable. Continued Nav. through March-2007, then Herc./Zom. only after that.
June-2007: PET/CT Scan - activity in mediastinum. Back on Navelbine as of July-2007.
Scanned Quarterly since Oct-2007 - a few small scares, but otherwise stable due to continuing weekly Navelbine, Herceptin and Quarterly Zometa.
Colleen007 is offline   Reply With Quote