View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile

Yes, Jackie,

Wayne Dyer says too, always be for something, not against it. Use your energy (strength and psychic powers)in positive ways.

And I too believe that when you reflect on all sorts of things (in meditation, in prayer, with deep concentration and desire)you are beaming out a message into the Universe. It is heard. It is responded to.

When I first discovered this -- in '80, from a physiatrist (a doc who deals w/the physiology of the body, believing in viewing a physical dysfunction in terms of the whole person -- body and mind) it was electrifying! (I was led to this doc by 3 different people who did not know each other but empathized with my 2 yrs of agonizing and immobilizing back pain. I'd never dreamed I could stop my degenerating disc disease, I was searching for a way to learn to cope with this unwanted reality.) I learned to stop the back pain and to stop thinking I would have to negotiate life as a disabled person who struggled with each movement required. It was miraculous!

Also, as it was, it must have been a part of The Plan for me to endure this. As a result I was guided to a man who changed my life forever. I used what I learned from him numerous times, not the least of which was when I was dx w/bc.

I had never known before how much we are each personally empowered! And in further reading, I found that there are Lessons and signs everywhere, in plain sight. But we must be open to them and alert to finding them midst the obstacles and challenges in our path.

So Life became like a treasure hunt each day. I began enthused with each sunrise, hunting for the Messages...

It's really cool if you think about Life in this awesome way...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote