View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
Lien

Ah, I remember those days well. For the first year after diagnosis I had several times when I was sure I was dealing with a recurrence... but I didn't. Everything I had checked out turned out to be benign. So gradually I started trusting my body again. This body had let me down so badly and I had a very hard time trusting it again. But in time the trust came back and I relaxed. Stick to the 2 week rule: if some weird symptom doesn't go away for 2 weeks, talk to your doc and tell him/her about your fears.

Last year I was sure I felt an obstruction in my colon. It wasn't painful, and felt like some kind of lump. Eventually my doc ordered a colonoscopy, which came back clear. But the symptoms returned... Then I found I had become allergic to rice, one of my staple foods. When I stopped eating rice, the problem disappeared. Go figure!

So what you are feeling is quite normal, and the more you focus on the symptoms, the more pronounced they seem to become. Stick to the 2 week rule, and you'll feel less anxious, I think.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote