View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Thumbs up ~Dana Farber At 4pm Today With Mighty Oak~

For those that do not know me well, I write with my fighting color! We will be seeing Dr Burstein today and I am packed with hope and ready to dismiss cancer from his brain. When the records were handed to me at OncoMan's I cried, I did not know that having those records handed to me would cause such a release. Dana Farber also called and told us we were all set, I cried then too. Looks like we are good to go, oh my, that must mean I have nothing to do but focus and emit positive energy for him all day (smiling).

To send prayers directly, we will be on the 9th floor, Breast Oncology (smiling). I will be the one with the crazy sneakers and the glimmer of hopefullness in her eyes. That quiet person holding tight to the records that hold the key and the list of options that carry hope. We will be there to claim back his life, the one cancer keeps trying to rob. No not today, we will leave with his life, his options and enough hope to travel the globe with. Sitting there will be just as much for him as for all of us! We will be there not just for the salvaging my husband's dismal outlook, but to break the rules once more. We will sit with sweaty palms as we beg for our miracle, for your miracle!

I am hopeful as much as this situation looks bad. I cannot lie to you all, I have read the reports and they are not good. Any other person would have burned those records, not us and neither would you. I have found that it is true, there is always hope. I am not sure when looking at the paperwork I can still see that hope, I think it is the fact that we continue to claim what is ours. My research reflects the hope in black and white. Ed has a race against time, I pray that he has enough time for science to help him.

So my 'lil Chickadees, that is my story and I am sticking to it (wink). I will not leave without more gifts of time, for him to come home with the inspiration to be courageous and wise enough to chose what is best for him. This is about his quality of life now and even if we can give him better QOL then I have done atleast part of my job.

If you would ask me what would you want our prayers to be I would reply this.....

......that Ed can obtain enough time to fairly fight with the options given.....that his QOL would be improved and if it is meant to be, that cancer take him systemically and not his precious brain. We cannot let cancer take his brain.

Thank you for helping me to be brave through this all. These roads have always been rocky but this time we need to get better traction. As we are sitting there and that twinkle in my eye is blinding, remember it is from having a part of you all in us. You are the toughest, most courageous and wonderous people we have ever met. You have allowed me to find the strength to search and destroy, the power to believe!!>>Marie
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote