View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #32
Carolyns

Hi Irene,

Thank you for your reply. I have followed your story since I arrived on this site about 3.5 years ago. I am SO happy for you and your results on this trial.

My timing was really good with Tykerb. I remember others crying out when they could not get access. I couldn't believe that this could happen to people. I really prayed that it would never happen to me... Hopefully I will have good timing in this case as well. Joe has pointed out that a new trial with TDM1 will be coming out soon w/ Pertuzimab. My doctor will offer that trial. I hope that it comes out in time and that I am not excluded for some other reason. It is my strong feeling that bad timing should not stand in the way of access to clinical trial drugs for a Stage IV patient.

I am a single parent with a 10 year old boy. I work full time to keep our insurance and a roof over our heads. I don't have anyone to advocate on my behalf or cover for me if I am down. I can't afford to let things go too far because there is no one to fight for me (other than my doctor and friends). Thank you for sharing your story and I will email you if I think that I need your help. Your story is amazing and I pray that you are one of many wonderful people who are leading the way to a cure.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote