View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
Unregistered

Good update on Joy

Hi Marie and all you wonderful people out there. Joy had her third round of Ixempra on Tuesday. Her hemoglobin was really low a 7 I believe, so she had a blood transfusion on Wednesday. She feels very tired and has had an upset stomach from the chemo. But her abdomen looks much better, all the swelling is gone and the NP said her liver feels much better upon physical exam. The best news is her Ca 27-29 has dropped from the 300's when she started to 177 after two treatments and her CEA is normal! So Ixempra, although really hard on her, seems to be working! So this gives me hope that we are over the worst, and Marie and Ed are always on my mind, hoping he will have the same luck as Joy. Thank you for asking!

She has had a double shot, small latte brought to her almost everyday! Marie, I am glad to hear you are enjoying your coffee again, it's the little things that keep you going! What kind of machine are you getting? I actually own a wholesale coffee/bakery company if you want to send me you address I can hook any of you wonderful people up with some excellent coffee! My personal email is Jennifer@baristaproshop.com I'd be more than happy to send you some for your new machine!

Take care everyone and thanks for thinking of my sister. Jennifer