View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #21
Carolyns

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for advocating for us. I was excluded from the most recent trial due to previous use of Tykerb and Xeloda. I am excited to learn about the TDM1 Pertuzumab trial. I hope that I can hang in there until it opens and that I am not excluded for some reason. I am going to investigate the Heat Shock protein trial also.

It is just that I lead such a full and active life. I am a single parent working full time and helping out with my parents. I so want to continue my QOL for as long as possible. The next chemo's will put a dent in my life for sure... TDM1 would allow me to keep up and has as good a chance as anything else of working for me. Heck almost every drug I have been on is off label ... it is frustrating.

I feel like the old lab chimps. I was good enough for trials over the past 20 years ... now only phase 1 trials or none at all. Some of us tired warriors respond pretty darn well to these treatments... we might surprise the drug companies. I think that they could learn much from us. We are a growing population and living longer and longer...

It doesn't seem fair.

That said, I really, really appreciate every single thing you and Christine do on our behalf.

Happy Fathers Day!

Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote