View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #23
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile We are each sacred -- divine beings...

Thank you all for sharing your book titles and your words.

Mary Anne it is so true, that reading is for me a daily ritual. I incorporate it because I am always hungry to learn, and because the Teachings that are embedded in so many books are so very powerful. And empowering!

I take key phrases that touch me, awaken me, resonate with me and write them on lilac 3 x 5 cards. I frame them and scatter them in locations I frequent in my home -- to remind me.

BE STILL... AND NOW THAT I AM is one of those phases that I cherish and set eyes on with each new day. To me, it means God is with me. I am never alone.

I believe that I am a body, a mind and a Soul. That is what defines ME. Not The Thinker in my head that is at times quite bright but often times nagging, complaining, criticizing, judging, feeling offended. That is not the True Me. That is what Eckhart Tolle says is our ego talking.

In that light, I suppose The Voice In My Head has many personas. And one, the ego, is stuck in its primal phase of being. Taking everything personally, being defensive and then offensive, acting like a child. We need to understand that that is not who we are. We are each a radiant Spirit. And when we connect with that truest part of ourselves, we feel LOVE, COMPASSION, UNDERSTANDING, GRATITUDE AND GENEROSITY. Our words, and acts, come from Essence when we make this conscious choice to redefine ourselves.

Rather than having what we say and do come from that angry brat that is stuck in our heads and keeps chattering at us with accusations and warnings.

This is a large step toward living in JOY and with PEACE.

For me canser initiated me into the Spiritual Realm. It was the gift that came with the horror. BC forced me to live at the edge, as you all no doubt readily understand.

This fresh perspective on Life came almost instantly to me. Don't be afraid. Be strong. Be brave. Be determined. Focus. Feed your mind the words you want to echo in your head all day. Don't be tormented by The Voice In Your Head full of angst and sorrow, uncertainty and worries.

Respond to the crisis that has fallen into your lap. Rather than react. Use your power of choice. Tap into your natural healing powers -- the mindbody connection. Become a miracle. Defy the odds.
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote