Thread: Hair loss...
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #16
NYSunshine

I applaud everyone on this site as it seems we have all traveled the same road and we are the stronger for it! Yes, I too lost my hair around day 11 as it was coming out in clumps and I was not happy thinking of that poor drain being clogged so off to the salon I went. My long-time hair dresser and I had fun with the the 'shearing' of the hair and my wig was placed on my head before I walked out of the door. Same hair style, same color as my own! No one would have guessed what had happened in that salon! I'm glad Darlene that you are not having severe side effects - just remember to keep up the protein for healing and strength. You are so fortunate to have this community beside you as these voices are of experience not just medical knowledge. I wished that I had been more stronger mentally to come to the computer earlier in my chemo days so that I wouldn't have been traveling the journey alone. We are with you all the way! Our prayers for you are said o
ften!
9/9/08. Left Breast Lumpectomy
10/7/08 Re-excision to clear margins + medi-port placed
10/20/08 Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin. Kytril/Decadron tablets 4 days following infusion kept the nausea in check .
Feb. 2009 Finished T/C. 4/1/09 - 30 radiation treatments finished
Continuing Herceptin every 3 wks. until October 2009.
NYSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote