View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
Lien

Absolutely. I worked as a free-lancer for a company where a lot of female account managers were handing out jobs to us. After my diagnosis they began to withdraw and after two years the work just dried up. They blamed me, because I had become "difficult". I asked other colleagues about this and none of them had noticed that. They thought that those women who were about my age, were afraid they would develop BC too, and every time they saw me, they were reminded of that possibility. They just didn't know how to deal with their own emotions.

I also lost a couple of "friends". They were shocked when they heard about my diagnosis and just never called again. Fortunately, some acquaintances turned out to be real friends in need. I couldn't have done as well without them and they were very important for my kids' sanity.

All in all, I think it's a good thing I found out what those people were really worth.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote