View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
nitewind

Hi Brenda, boy, do I know where you're coming from! I felt the same way when I finished my year of herceptin, that was almost 18 monthes ago. Your diagnosis and treatment sounds a lot like mine.
I was really looking forward to the last treatment and getting my port out but when it came time, I felt just like you, my security blanket was gone. No more vitamin H, no more chemo nurses watching me all the time and taking such good care of me, I felt like I was out there all alone. It does get a little easier as time goes by, truthfully, I can't remember what I did to get over it. I think we all feel the same way when the treatment is finished, very vulnerable and waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Like I said, I finished treatment 18 monthes ago and I'm doing just fine, so far. See my onc every three monthes and have bloodwork done. I kind of hold my breath till the onc visit is over. Maybe we never get to the point where we don't worry about it at all but with each month that goes by, I breath a little easier.
I know that you will be fine, just takes a little getting used to after focusing so much on the cancer. Just try to take it day by day.
Hugs to you and congrats on finishing up!
2 cm/ 0 nodes
Lumpectomy rt breast on 7/26/06
ER/PR- / Her2+++
A/C x 4
finished taxotere 2/07
finished 33 rads
Herceptin finished 12/07/07 Yippee!
nitewind is offline   Reply With Quote