View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
alicem

Sheila,

I sure hope this new regimen is successful. I want to tell you that you have always had a special place in my heart since I first arrived and just sort of "lurked" for awhile. I found myself pouring over everyone's signature on every single post. I was drawn to yours (especially because of the 49.99999 - - are you sure it wasn't 49.9999999 !). I thought we were very similar in many things such as age, discovery, biopsy, stage, nodes, etc. The one main thing that was different was the year. You had the misfortune to find your cancer before Herceptin was available for early stage BC. I literally grieved when I would read histories such as yours that had turned to stage IV because of this. I know there is still a chance that might happen with me - nothing is certain. But . . . perhaps not . . . because of Herceptin.

I hesitate telling you this because I don't want you taking this the wrong way. I am just so angry at times that this disease even exists, that women like you couldn't have been helped earlier, that so many women are getting it younger and younger, that a cure seems so slow in coming. I just wanted you to know that I do care about you and that I want this to work.

Oh, and yes, I really really love your quote!

Alice
10/15/08 - Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy: Cyst on uterus, not ovary - all was benign. Breast - 5 of 6 bad margins. 2 Sentinel Lymph nodes removed, both negative. Stage 0, Tis, N0
12/11/08 - Mastectomy & DIEP reconstruction: Surprise! 2 cm Invasive DC, grade 2 found. One benign internal mammary lymph node. Stage 1, T1c, N0, all clean margins. ER+ (Proportion Score = 2/5, Intensity Score = 2/3) and PR+(Proportion Score = 3/5, Intensity Score = 2/3)
HER2 score = 3+
1/09/09 - Oncotype DX: Recurrence S/core of 60 !?!?! ER status is NEG!! PR staus is NEG! HER2 score = 12.2 (still positive, greater than 11.5 is positive).
1/20/09 - Started chemo: TCH
5/26/09 - FINISHED CHEMO!
1/05/10 - FINISHED HERCEPTIN!
1/22/10 - Port-a-catheter removed!
3/07/18 - Still NED
9/10/23 - Still NED
alicem is offline   Reply With Quote