View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #19
Unregistered

Update and Thanks

Hi everyone, thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and advice. Yesterday morning she was in so much pain, so tired and loopy I went to her house and asked her if I could talk to the Dr. and get an appoinment for her and she said "I'll let you decide." So I called the onc and got her in. They feel it is just severe consitaption, they asked her if she wanted to be hospitalized to take care of it and she of course refused. So they agreed to use a new shot that reverses the effect of the morphine drugs in the colon only. It's pretty amazing science, it turns the receptors in the colon back on. You have to do it at home because you will go to the bathroom in a matter of minutes. So she did that along with some other unmentionables and today she is starting to feel better and sounded like her old self again. So hopefully with less pain she can stay on the Ixempra and hope it will do it's trick. Thanks again for all your help. Jennifer (sorry for the spelling errors typing fast, at work)