View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Sherryg683

On the brighter side of things

I haven't posted as much lately but I check in nightly. Just wanted to say that I have been feeling great the past 6 months, been playing tennis again around 4 times a week, actually playing singles most of the time. My tennis team has qualified for the state championships in New Orleans, so will be playing there. And I have been named Honorary Chairperson for the Cancer Services of Baton Rouge Tennis Championship. I saw my oncologist this week and told him that I had been feeling so good that I was almost too afraid to feel this good. Who would have though that 3-1/2 years ago when I was told I only had a 19 percent chance of living 5 years, that I would be feeling like my old self, even better later. I always keep in my mind that this could all turn bad at any scan but while I can, I plan on dancing. I can't control if the cancer decides to come back, but I can control what I intend to do until or if it decides to come back..i'm choosing living...sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote