View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #291
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile Praise be omega 3!!!

HELLO RB! I think of you so often. Truly. I hope you are well.

I just received your most recent post re Omega 3's anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative benefits. I take my Omega 3's faithfully every day.

I believe the fact that I am 64 and have been blessed with joint muscle or joint pain, no arthritis or rhumitoid ailments is attributable to my Omega intake. Of course I try to eat as much salmon (fresh caught, not farm raised) as I can.

Perhaps you could refresh our minds as to the foods that are rich in Omega 3s. IT IS ALL THE RAGE THESE DAYS. EXPERTS GALORE TOUTING IT. YOUR BOOK IS A WONDERFUL ADDITION TO OUR WORLD OF UNDERSTANDING THE MULTIPLE AND IMPERATIVE BENEFITS DERIVED FROM OMEGA 3. (They even have it advertised on dog foods. Those of us who love our pets are anxious for them know the wondrous effects of this recent discovery.)

BTW, PLEASE REMIND US ALL OF THE NAME OF YOUR BOOK, AND WHERE WE CAN PURCHASE IT.

And, if you have any info to share re the anti-inflammatory properties that might explain my pain-free muscles/joints, etc. -- please enlighten us!

I saw my endocrinologist the other day. She is young and fabulously brilliant and she was wearing a brace on her wrist. It's a carpal tunnel thing she explained when I asked. I whispered -- TAKE OMEGA 3! She has spoken of this, along w/the need for us to check out our magnesium bld counts and our Vitamin D bld counts.

Many on this board suffer from pain in muscles and joints. Have carpal tunnel issues. Many are aware of the need to take magnesium, selenium, and loads of Vitamin D.

I know you are in charge of keeping us up on the essential taking and eating of Omega 3s.

Stay well, my Friend! You are such a great addition to this board. A fund of information that is so very valuable. I pray your book will be as well received by us lay people as the experts have. You deserve the highest of kudos!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote