View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
mmoons

Thank you! ...and follow up to "struggling"

Oh my gosh…my dear, sweet friends….you are amazing! All of you! With everything everyone has going on in their own lives…that you remembered about me and my surgery touches me so deeply!

Here is my update….as short and sweet as I can make it. The Taxol was doing me in. After 11 treatments I was so sick that I couldn’t walk (remember that I was taking it in conjunction with Lapatinib). Around April 21 or so, I was at my worst. In fact, I had friends come stay with us because I just had to “cry uncle”….temporarily. So I did not have treatment # 12, thank goodness, which gave me a full 2 weeks to rest up (and boy did I need it!) before surgery this past Tuesday. Surgery went AWESOME! I am so pleased with how my chest looks. I got out of the hospital yesterday after a 2 night stay…and went straight to Matt’s Ranchero for Mexican, then came home to rest up before the children got out of school.

I am up and at ‘em! I feel like the Taxol side effects are subsiding at the same time as I am feeling better from Tuesday’s surgery…..so it is a double whammy of feeling good. But I am being VERY careful not to overdo it. Just soaking up the love of my sisters and children, playing lots of Scrabble and Dogopoly and praising God.

I know that I may end up back at that "struggling" place again but am cherishing how good I feel in body and mind at this very moment.

You are all so dear to me!!! Thank you for thinking about me!!

Maureen

p.s. Terri, I would love to know you & Ruth. Maybe someday we will meet up over at Baylor. J Isn’t Dr. O wonderful!?!? I adore her and her staff. She cares SO much!

My loves

IDC & DCIS, HER2+++ Diagnosis: October 1, 2008
  • Tumor: 6.8 centimeters, never showed on mammograms
  • ER-/PR-
  • November 2008: Sentinal Lymph node surgery. 6 out of 9 lymph nodes with cancer
  • Stage IIIc
  • Lapatinib Clinical Trial start: November, 2008
  • Surgery: May 5, 2009
  • Started Herceptin: May 19, 2009
  • Started Radiation (33 rounds): June 10, 2009
  • September 2009: Moved to Michigan to be closer to family
  • 12/09 - still on Herceptin until May 2010
  • August 2010: Port out, port out, port out port out port port port out port ooooout...da da da dant! (to the music of the Pink Panther)
Blog: http://moonsfamily.blogspot.com
mmoons is offline   Reply With Quote