Thread: Caryn update
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #17
Lien

Dear Eric and Caryn,
I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time. It is hard to watch someone who is feeling miserable and not being able to do anything about it. I do think that just the fact that you are there for her means a great deal. I hope the doctors will find a way to make Caryn feel more comfortable a.s.a.p. I think the medication she is getting for the ulcer might slow her digestive system. The feeling of being full & the fatigue could also be symptoms of food intolerance. Perhaps mixing teaspoon sizes of different foods could help there. It's called the very, very mixed diet and the trick is to mix small amounts of e.g. rice, buckwheat, oats, broth made from chicken, beef, turkey and lamb, various vegetables, tiny bits of meat, and blend them into a thick soup. Take small sips and see how it goes.

That way she gets plenty of nutrients, without the irritating symptoms. Ofcourse there could well be other causes, but this is one thing you can do yourself which might alleviate her symptoms a bit. It may take a few days for this to start working. It could be a good idea to add some probiotics, if that's ok with her docs.

I used the very mixed diet once after I'd been in a carcrash. It helped my digestive system get back on track. I just made one big pot of soup, divided it into portions, froze the ones I didn't want to eat that day, and drank the rest.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote