Thread: Caryn update
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
eric

Caryn update

Sorry for the delay with this update but we were having problems with home internet.
Caryn had the scope on Monday and thankfully they found no obstruction in her esophagus and stomach. They did find an ulcer in her upper stomach and have doubled her antacid medication. Hopefully it helps her feel better.
She didn't have a treatment this week since her platelets were too low (2nd week in a row). Her tumor markers came down slightly which is great considering she didn't have a treatment but she's still having a major problem with fatigue and digestion. She tried eating slightly and she felt full very quickly and the feeling didn't go away. Even a day later, she doesn't feel like the food's digested. The more disturbing issue though is that the fatigue has gotten even worse the past few days as she's dozing the majority of the day. I just emailed her doc and will keep pestering him to try and get an answer. My heart breaks for her as her quality of life has stunk. She's really down and I don't know what to do for her (or me, as I miss her terribly - so do my kids).
eric is offline   Reply With Quote