View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
Lani

am pooped

Attend from 7am -630 everyday without even lunch breaks and view/glance over 1900 posters Sunday, 900 posters Monday, 1900 posters today and will view/glance over 900 posters tomorrow before leaving!!!!

Best talks today by Neal Rosen explaining what "oncogene addiction" means--although this term is used a lot in the literature he feels mostly it is by authors who don't really understand it. Dr. Rosen has done seminal work on Hsp90 inhibitors and feels they are best suited for her2+ breast cancer. He feels PI3K inhibitors will best be used with other targeted agents which block further down the pathway or another pathway altogether.

Also superb was Dr. Max Wicha's talk on breast cancer stem cells and the funniest moment was the playing of a video of Hugh Laurie as Dr. House proclaiming that cancer stem cells ARE for REAL and are truly responsible for everything!!!! Dr. Wicha loved that!

Spoke again with Dr. Scaltriti who works with Dr. Baselga and did the work I reported on last year on how wonderfully herceptin/lapatinib synergize.

Lots of people working on ways to reverse herceptin resistance, new anti her2 agents--all agree to continue on herceptin past resistance, just add things to it!

Interesting posters on topical agents vs. EGFR inhibitor rashes, hand-foot syndrome, how to avoid hair loss with chemo.

I spoke with an investigator re how you ladies have reported losing the outer part of your eyebrows and eyelash length with herceptin. He is doing studies on EGFR inhibitors actions by studying patient's hair follicles from
plucked hairs. I suggested you might be willing to pluck your eyebrows and contribute to medical research??????

I also attended lectures on brain tumors, leukemias, myeloma, neuroendocrine tumors of gut, pancreas, so I was one busy propellerhead!

Gotta go!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote