View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 AM   #29
Ellie F

Hi folks, thanks for your posts.Went armed with my second opinion back to my regional centre yesterday and saw another onc.The receptor status of the axillary nodes is not yet back but the onc said that if there was any change in status she would do an MRI-progress or so I thought! She then spent the next half hour telling me the disadvantages of having taxotere including the information that two of her patients had died of neutropenia!!Having had this once after AC felt my blood pressure rising++.She also said that there was no research about whether it was effective if only the lymph glands were affected and now I have had them removed I am technically NED again. The next thorny issue was restarting herceptin. She felt that as I had 'failed' on it that it probably wasn't worth starting again as it probably wouldn't work. I then said I understood that there was some evidence of synergy between taxanes and herceptin and she shrugged her shoulders. I have another appt in 2 weeks to review the node status.
I would be very grateful for any thoughts or comments as feeling very down and confused now.Left again feeling there was no point going on with the fight. Sorry to be like this but really struggling to stay positive. many thanks love Ellie
ps Don't know what I would do without you all x
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote