View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #32
Greg

Hi again gang,

Well, we are no longer Chemo-virgins, well I guess I am, but not Vickie. All in all it went very well and echo'ed what many of you have said in that the anxiety was much worse than the reality, at least as far as the infusion went. It took a little longer than normal due to the herceptin push and the fact that they introduced it very slowly, we were there about 4 1/2 hours. The cancer care center here is like a lodge with fireplaces and all of that, and today it snowed and that made it seem even more "lodge-like". We even had a musician there playing an instrument I have never heard of called a Hang. Very relaxing. So now we are kind of sitting around waiting for the side effect storm that might start in 24 - 48 hours? Guess we'll batten down the hatches and ride it out. I would like to thank you all again for the help you have provided and at the same time apologize for spending so much time on the pity-potty. Our issues seem very minor compared to what some of you have and are going through. My admiration knows no bounds for you all and it is a tremendously uplifting experience to see how you are all bravely facing this dragon, but it is kind of sad here since you have to face it in the first place. I guess I'm glad you are all here to help each other (and us of course) but at the same time sad that you have to be here at all. Take care all.

Greg and Vickie
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote