View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 02:16 AM   #8
Lien

I'm on Zoladex and have been since the end of 2004. It's a drag, but I tolerate the shots well. Had a strong period for two weeks and then it stopped. I did get hot flashes and I feel my ability to multitask and concentrate has diminished. My skin is ageing, but it probably would have anyway. My biggest complaint is, that I have no libido left. That's putting a strain on my marriage, even though we decided on doing this together. Also, the lining of the vagina is getting thin, which causes discomfort. All these things may happen with an Ooph as well, but I don't know about that. The Zoladex have to be repeated every three months, and they can be painful. Not big deal painful, but the needle is big and you need a doc who knows how to do it. I had to teach mine, and now the shots are not so bad.

I am hesitant to take biphosphonates because I already have trouble with my jaw, but you need to check for osteoporosis. I'd make sure they do a baseline Dexa scan before deciding on either solution. An AI might make your bones weaker as well. My boneloss seems to have gone very fast during the first two years, and has tapered off now. I'm borderline osteopenic. I try to exercise to keep my bones in good shape.

Some docs prescribe the once a month shots of Zoladex. That's a real hassle. I'm glad I'm on a 3 month schedule.

Hope this helps

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote